Friday, 29 January 2016

MAC LIP PRODUCTS HAUL AND SWATCHES.


Hi guys ! As promised, today I'll show you my latest purchases from MAC. I've got my first MAC lipstick in the shade Dreaminess (a limited edition Mineralize Rich lipstick) two years ago, and I've totally fallen in love with everything about it. I was sure that I will be building up a collection soon. 

As you know, MAC lipsticks are so hyped and I can totally understand why. You've got a wide selection of shades and textures, the quality of the lipsticks is just bomb and they smell like vanilla. also the packaging is sleek and has a nice weight to it. let alone looking amazing on your vanity.

I've decided to go for some of the best seller lip products from the brand. I got two matte lipsticks (my favourite finish) in "Velvet Teddy" and "Russian Red". Also I splurged on two lip liners to go with the lipsticks, I chose "Whirl" and "Cherry". Again classic MAC shades.
Velvet Teddy Lipstick and Whirl Lip liner
Velvet Teddy is a definitely brown-y beige-y nude, so It's not the kind of nudes that wash off your lips. The colour looks much darker on the lips than what it looks like on the tube (the shade didn't show off that well on my lips in the picture below). I'm totally in love with this shade, as soon as I swatched it, I knew I would use it a lot and I do ! Also I find that It complements my skin tone very well..
Whirl lip liner is also an other dark mauve-y nude but leaning towards the cooler tone, you can wear it by it's own or pared with a lipstick. To sort of lighten it out or to create that ombre effect, I use Velvet Teddy on top.


Russian Red Lipstick and Cherry Lip liner.
Going to a not so natural shade, Russian Red is a classic cool-toned statement red. This shade of red is so interesting: it is a bit darker and vampy-ier so it is not bright on the lips at all. I find that it gives that classy and sophisticated look. 
http://www.maccosmetics.fr/product/shaded/167/340/Products/Lvres/Crayon-lvres/Crayon-lvres/index.tmpl lip liner is a more pink-y red. it's the perfect red liner to put under any red lipstick or even to wear buy its own. 


To sum up, these MAC lip products are quickly becoming one of my favourite make up products of all time. you can never go wrong with Mac Make up. I highly recommend investing in one or two shades so you can feel the difference in the quality, the pigmentation and overall the experience of applying a lipstick. Also, these last so long, especially the lip liners,

Have you ever tried MAC products ? what are your favourites ? and what shades should I try next ?

 Love,
 Omaïma.

No comments :

Post a Comment